Cyclists and Walkers Welcome
FREE practical and immediate support available for businesses.
Through the kind support of a grant from the Coastal Communities Fund, we are promoting active travel and low-carbon tourism around Morecambe Bay.
This allows us to offer a generous and immediate package of support to anyone running a business with the potential to appeal to cyclists and walkers, and located around Morecambe Bay, completely free of charge.
To seize this one-off, time-limited opportunity to help you tap in to this growing and lucrative market, read on...
How your business will benefit
The package of support will help you attract new and repeat walking and cycling customers. We will help you to make them feel really welcome by giving them access to useful resources (which could be bike repair kits, type pump, boot scraper, or walking shoe trays or even a bike rack) and local information (such as OS maps, local walks books) that they might need, so adding value to your business, whilst also providing an opportunity for your business to give back to the special place that is Morecambe Bay.
The package includes:
- A FREE ‘start up kit’ giving you practical ways of welcoming walkers and cyclists, and the opportunity to do it NOW! This kit can be tailor made for your business but can include items such as bike pumps, puncture repair kits and bike maintenance tools, local maps and walk books, boot scrapers, muddy boot trays and first aid kit.
- Materials with useful local information, helping you answer those all important queries from your visitors and customers.
- Free business listing on the exciting new WaysAroundTheBay.org.uk journey planner website, directly targeting walkers and cyclists.
- ‘Cyclists and Walkers Welcome’ display badges for use at your establishment to promote your credentials.
- We will continue to promote Morecambe Bay and its businesses as a cyclist and walker friendly destination in local, national and social media, opening up new audiences for your business.
What you need to do
All types of visitor facing businesses located around Morecambe Bay are welcome to sign up for this free package. In return we ask that you:
- Offer walkers and cyclists a warm welcome and make your free kit available for their use.
- Promote your cyclist and walker friendly services on your own website and promotional materials.
- Help us promote Morecambe Bay as a cyclist and walker friendly destination by linking to waysaroundthebay.org.uk and joining in with social media promotions using #waysaroundthebay #lovemorecambebay
- Make a commitment to share in the care for this special place by making the LOVE Morecambe Bay pledge
Love Morecambe Bay Pledge
By committing to the Love Morecambe Bay Pledge, you will join a growing movement of businesses who have decided to pro-actively play their part in caring for Morecambe Bay, and minimise their impact on the environment.
By doing so, you demonstrate your commitment to your customers who are increasingly looking for ways to tread more lightly, especially when they are on holiday.
As a responsible tourism business, we pledge to:
- Reduce our own impact on our precious natural resources.
- Share the Coastal Code with our visitors to protect the nature of Morecambe Bay.
- Help our customers tread lightly when on their travels by leaving a positive impact on our local community, and on our natural environment
- Give a warm and equal welcome to all visitors including walkers, cyclists and those with access needs.
- Share the love and champion the Bay on social media with the hashtag #lovemorecambebay and wear a 'Love Morecambe Bay' badge with pride on your website or social media pages.
If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please complete the contact form at the bottom of this page and we will get in touch.
More ways for businesses to get involved and help care for Morecambe Bay
Sign up to the full LOVE Morecambe Bay campaign
Join a growing movement of businesses who want to care for and protect the Bay
Promote your cyclist and walker-friendly business on Ways Around The Bay
Fill in the quick online form and be promoted FREE of charge
Does your business organise outdoor events?
We've created a toolkit to help you reduce your environmental impacts.